Welcome! Vettes to Vets began in 2004 when Ron Morneau, a proud corvette owner and member of North Shore Corvettes of Massachusetts and the Second Corps Cadets Veterans Group, asked the Corvette community to help support sick and injured troops who have given up so much. The first event was a success with twenty-five cars and “Vettes to Vets” has been cruising to the hospital each year with much-needed personal supplies and increasing in numbers ever since. Ron has since passed the torch to two most capable associates. Good luck Karen Blandini and Jim Smith in continuing this extraordinary event for our honored vets.
15th Vettes to Vets Event 2018
Date: Sunday, September 30, 2018 ~ Rain or Shine
Time: 8:00 am – 3:00 pm (Drivers meeting at 11:30 – Caravan to hospital departs at 11:45)
Meet at: Marriott Hotel – 270 Concord Rd, Billerica, MA (Same location as last year)
The hotel is offering fantastic rates – $85/night! Call the Marriott at 978-670-7500 and mention Vettes to Vets when reserving your room. (Reserve your room by September 5th to guarantee this special rate) The hotel is offering a special rate on our V2V Saturday evening buffet for $25/pp (doors open at 6pm) and Sunday Breakfast for $10/pp. Both meal rates include tax and gratuity.
Directions: From the South, take 128/95 to Rte 3 North to Concord Rd, exit 27. Left at end of ramp, left at 2nd light toward Marriott Hotel/Gentronics/Millipore. Follow road to back side of Marriott Hotel.
From the North, take Rte 3 South to Concord Rd, exit 27. Left at end of ramp, left at next light toward Marriott Hotel/Gentronics/Millipore. Follow road to back side of Marriott Hotel.
Show Site: Bedford Veterans Hospital, Bedford, MA – Join us at the Marriott for a fun morning and cruise to the Bedford Veterans Hospital together.
There were 674 corvettes that came out last year to show their respect and support for our Veterans!
• Veteran’s Choice Trophy presented to one lucky car.
• One Commemorative Pin given to every car.
• Honor Guard – Live Music – Chow Line
• The Air Force Association fed over 2000 people in 2014 and they were very appreciative of the donations to defray the food costs
There is no admission fee, but we ask each car to prepare a ‘goodie bag’ of items (see the Donation Suggestions section below) that will make the veterans comfortable on a daily basis. please bring an American flag to wave on the caravan to the hospital.
“COME AND SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION TO THOSE WHO SERVED!”
More info: Karen Blandini (781) 858-1810
Visit: vettestovets.org or facebook.com/vettestovets
Items Needed by Men and Women Veterans
- Full sized afghans
- Fleece blankets
- Wheelchair bags
- Board games
- Chess / Checker sets / Cribbage boards
- Men’s clothing: New sweatpants / sweatshirts, white socks, white undershirts (LG, XL & XXL), underwear, sweaters, washable slippers, sneakers with Velcro laces, hats, gloves, Winter or Spring jackets, scarves
- Women’s clothing: socks, washable slippers, sweaters, jogging or warm-up suits, colored T-shirts, walking shorts, hats, gloves, scarves, belts,Winter or Spring jackets
- Overnight bags/suitcases
- Deodorant (spray or stick – Male & Female)
- Shampoo / Conditioner
- Toothpaste / Toothbrushes
- Non-alcoholic mouth wash
- Denture cleaner / Poligrip
- Body wash liquid soap
- Baby shampoo
- Disposable razors / Shaving cream
- Electric razors (rechargeable, new only)
- Electric pre-shave lotion – alcohol free
- Aftershave lotion
- Hand and body lotion
- Hair dryers
- Hair brushes / combs
- Electronics –TV’s, stereos, Walkman radios
Check donations are accepted as well.
Please make checks payable toVettes to Vets and note ‘GPF 9001’ in the memo section of the check.
|Your Freedom Is Protected By the U.S. Armed Forces.
The Soldier’s Creed
I am an American Soldier
I am a Warrior and an member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and live the Army Values
I will always place the mission first
I will never accept defeat
I will never quit
I will never leave a fallen comrade
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills.
I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself
I am an expert and I am a professional
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life I am an American Soldier